MKU PA 23400 CU
2300 ... 2400 MHz • 400 W
This new power amplifier, which is based on LD MOS technology, is characterized by high linearity and best performance. The amplifier module is thermally very stable. Due to the high linearity, it can be used for all operating modes, like SSB, CW or DATV (digital amateur television) or other digital modes. In contrast to conventional tube amplifiers, no high voltage transformers and other dangerous components are needed. The output power can be increased to 800 watts by using two power amplifier modules MKU PA 23400 A and 90° hybrid couplers.
The power amplifier can also be used within professional applications like digital video broadcast (DVB) or other communication systems using COFDM and digital modulation.
|Type||MKU PA 23400 CU|
|Frequency range||2300 ... 2400 MHz|
|Input power||typ. 1.2 W, max. 3 W|
|Output power||400 W|
|Small signal gain||min. 28 dB|
|Saturation power||min. 450 W|
|IM3 @ 100 W PEP||-30 dBc|
|Input return loss (S11)||typ. 10 dB|
|Spurious and harmonic rejection||35 db @ 400 W|
|VSWR of load||max. 1.8:1|
|Maximum case temperature||+55 °C|
|Supply voltage||+28 V DC|
|Current consumption||max. 50 A|
|Quiescent current||typ. 6.5 A|
|Input connector / impedance||SMA-female, 50 ohms|
|Output connector / impedance||N-female, 50 ohms|
|Case||milled copper, silver- / nickel-plated|
|Dimensions (mm)||190 x 152 x 38.5|
|Weight||typ. 4500 g|
- LD MOSFET technology
- Monitor output for forward power detection (DC voltage)
- Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS)
- Analog and digital transmission systems
- Recommended power supply: RSP 1500-27
- Recommended heat sink: SK 320 - 240 1)
- Recommended fan: 3 pieces FAN 80x80 HP 24 V 1)
- Recommended power splitter / combiner
- Recommended heat-conductive paste: Arctic Silver 5
We explicit point out that the recommended combination of heat sink and fan is not dimensioned for constant full output power of the power amplifier. The duty-cycle should not exceed 50% (1min transmitting / 1min receiving (WSJT)).
As an alternative to our high power heat sinks we can offer a liquid cool plate.
You will find further information for dimensioning heat sinks under the rubric heat sinks.
1) Dimensioned for 25 °C ambient temperature
- Module does not contain coaxial relay!
- Specifications subject to change without notice -